Talend Interview Questions and Answersadmin
Talend interview questions and answers for freshers and experienced
Talend has started with an intention to modernize data integration. It has grown a lot in the IT sector and become the Numero Uno cloud and data integration software of today’s generation. If any person has taken the certification in Talend, then he/she will be considered as the most talented and skilled person because most organizations are looking to hire this personnel.
If you haven’t prepared for the Talend interview yet, then it’s the right time to prepare yourself for the Talend interview and beat your competitors.
In this article, we have formulated the top Talend questions and answers that will help you to achieve your dream Talend job easily.
Let’s go through the questions and answers
Interview question and answer
1- Define Talend
An open-source extract transform load (ETL) that is used for data integration is called Talend. Talend uses different software for providing solutions to data management, data preparation, cloud storage, big data, data quality and enterprise application integration. With this tool, companies can securely communicate with each other and can make data-driven decisions.
2- Why should you use Talend over other ETL tools?
The advantages of using this tool are given below.
- It is an open-source tool to back up the large developer community.
- The tasks performed by Talend are automated and maintained seamlessly to make data integration faster.
- To meet the company’s needs, Talend offers a unified environment.
- It is the next-generation software to fulfill present as well as future generation requirements.
- Talend offers high data quality and native performance, hence it is a self-service platform.
3- What do you understand by “project” in Talend?
The physical structure which is responsible for compiling and storing technical sources is called the Project in Talend. Its resources include
- Business model
- Context variables
4- Explain job design
Job in Talend is the fundamental executable unit built on Talend. Talend uses graphical presentation for defining the functioning and information available. Under specialized phrases, it is a sole Java category.
5- What is a “component”?
These are the graphical representations of Talend responsible for performing any operation is called a component. In other words, the snippets of Java codes that are generated at the job execution are components.
6- State different types of connections in Talend
Talend connections are responsible for presenting the data which will either be processed or which is the sequence of the job. Mainly four types of connections are available in Talend are
7- Briefly discuss the connections of Talend
- Row – As the term says, this connection represents data flow. Various types of row connections are
- Multiple input/output
- Filter output
- Error Rejects
- Iterate – With the iterate connection of Talend, loop functions on files in rows or database entries are performed.
- Trigger – Subjobs and jobs are triggered in order of trigger nature.
- Link – With a link connection, you can transfer the information from the table schema to the ELT mapper.
8- State different types of triggers in Talend
Mainly the two categories of Triggers are available
- Subjob triggers – Under this category, OnSubjobOK, OnSubjobError and Run if are included. Out of which, OnSubjobOk will be executed once the previous sub-job has been executed.
- Component triggers – This type of trigger includes OnComponentOK, OnComponentError and Run If. Out of which, the same OnComponentOk will be executed once the previous component has been done.
9- Discuss the schemas supported by Talend
Schemas supported by Talend briefly discuss as
- Repository schema – It is reusable for multiple jobs. Changes made under this schema will be automatically reflected across all the jobs.
- Generic schema – It is the schema functions as a shared resource for different types of data resources. It will not work with a single data source.
- Fixed schema – These schemas are the fixed schema that are of Talend components.
10- Discuss routines with their types
Routes are defined as the pieces of Java codes which can be reused. You can write custom codes with Routines in Java which optimised for the processing of data and can improve job capacity. The different types of routines are
- System routines
- User routines
11- Is it possible to define a schema during its runtime?
No, you can’t define schema during its runtime because schemas signify data movement and they can be defined when the components are configured.
12- Point the difference between “repository” and “built-in”
|The data will be stored in the repository centrally||The data under built-in will be stored in the job locally|
|Any job inside a project can use the data stored||The local job can only the data stored in built-in|
|Under the repository, the data stored will be read-only.||Data within a job is accessible in built-in|
13- Explain context variables
These are the parameters defined by the users which a job had accessed during runtime. The value of context variables changes as the job goes from the development stage to the stage of production and production. Mainly there are three ways to describe context variable as
- Embedded context variables
- Repository context variables
- External context variables
14- State the use of “outline view” in Talend open studio
The function of the outline view in TOS is to keep the track of return values which is there in the component. The user-defined values which are there in tSetGlobal are included in the outline view.
15- Explain tMap and state the functions to be performed in the tMap component
tMap of Talend is the component of the processing family. Through tMap, you can map the input to the output data. The functions of tMap are
- You can add or remove the columns with tMap.
- You can apply the transformation rule to any of the fields.
- You can filter the input and output data with the constraint specified.
- You can reject data with tMap.
- Multiplexing and demultiplexing will be easy with tMap.
- You can concentrate on the data stored.
- You can interchange the data.
16- Discuss ETL process
Extract, Transform and load is the ETL. ETL is used for indicating the process of re-reviewing data from the sources and moving it to the data warehouse, big data system or business intelligence platform.
- Extract – It is the processor retrieving data from the various types of storage system and databases. You can include a relational database, excel file, XML file and more.
- Transform – The data accessed from storage undergoes analysis and operations for transforming data into a format suitable for a data warehousing system.
- Load – Here the transformed data will be loaded to the repository through used resources.
17- State the difference between “insert or update” and “update and insert”
The main difference between both is the sequence of actions
- Insert or update – In this Talend, functions insert the record and updates the same, it finds the matching key existing.
- Update or insert – In this Talend update a record and look for a matching key. If unable to find the matching key, it inserts the record.
18- Point the difference between “TOS for data integration” and “TOS for big data”
- TOS for big data – It supports many big technologies when serving as a superset for TOS for data integration. The function of TOS DI is available on TOS big data.
- TOS for DI – It supports java codes. On the other hand, TOS for big data supports Java codes and MapReduce codes.
19- State the big data technologies which have the support of Talend
The big technologies supported by Talend are given as
- Goggle storage
20- State the language to be used in pig scripting in Pig
The language used in pig scription is Pig Latin.
21- Name the compulsory service which enables the coordination of agreements between Talend Studio and HBase
The service is the zookeeper service.
22- State the use of tContextload
It is part of Talents’ “Misc” components. When you use tContextLoad you can modify the values present in the active context. context load will also be used to send warnings if the context has not undergone initialization in incoming data.
With this, the questions and answers of the Talend interview end here. We hope that these questions and answers formulated by us will help you to crack the interview.
The Talend products and services are the next-generation tools that hold enormous career options in the IT market. As it is the tools that are accepted worldwide. The people who want to know all about technology are highly recommended to use Talend. This informative article will help you to begin your Talend journey well.hg3,wfc